Friday, December 21, 2007

ReFailed Exam and Pulp Fucktion

I might have kind of semi-promised the Nightflyer to blog about something or other after the exams, which would be today. Darn.
Can't really think of much to say, though. Refailed it, not very surprised, aced the other two, Next.
I updated the Video of the Now to the two-minute-fuckmarathon that is Pulp Fiction in essence, it seemed fitting at this point, but it doesn't seem to be working very well. Annoying. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who haven't seen the entire move yet, though, since there is enough Fuck in that movie to spoil the entire plot even in this short state. I think just about every single scene is in there.
I got a Bananaphone from the Chinese One, it's awesome. I loves it. No idea when I'll get to use it though. Anyone know if I will be able to use it in any of the apartments in Uppsala?
Metro did something pretty weird the other day. Some cellphone developer, Sonim, had created a phone they said would be "unbreakable", in the sense that it could handle being run over by a car, or dropped from a three story building. So, they (Metro) tested it. By shooting it. With a 9mm Glock. And a Fucking Hunting Rifle. It broke. I could have told them that to begin with. Probably humor. Too bad that's not really what they should do, spend your money telling us about important happenings in the world instead.
Had a discussion with a friend today, about how an iPod isn't an Mp3 Player. Apparently. That kind of thinking always amazes me. Can someone explain to me why there seems to be so many people who think iPods are some kind of magical divine artifact, completely different from Mp3 Players? Bah.

I've been postponing this trying to think of something else to write, but I haven't, so I won't.
I'll just play some more S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and go to bed.

8 comments:

Sara said...

I know! iPod IS an MP3-player. It is. At least in my eyes.

Nallenon said...

Yes, Mp3 Player, a device which plays Mp3s. I really don't see why so many people seem to have a problem with this. "Mp3 Player" is not a specific brand, or a specific product, it's a description.

Yeonni said...

It's like inlines and rollerblades, I guess. On the other hand, Mac people tend to be fanatic, and that "i" before the "Pod" would indicate that they have something to do with it, I don't know, I have never been Macified. Be wary. And /hugs for the exam.

Nallenon said...

Well, yes, Apple created the iMac as well as the iPod. As far as I know, that's where the name (iPod) comes from :)

Thanks :)

Kristin said...

I think of my iPod as an mp3 player... though I know some stores classify it as a mediaplayer, just like they klassify iRiver Clix as a medieplayer, since it can play movies and show photos as well. And the rollerblade thing is about copyright, there is a brand called "Rollerblade" and they demanded that no other producer would be allowed to call their product rollerblades, so people started calling them inlines instead. Bit like the budweiser thing...

Nallenon said...

Well then all Mp3 Players are "Media Players".
It's all just words, people need to think a bit more outside the box.

Eva said...

Of course you can use the bananaphone in appartments in uppsala! It's worth the insanely little moner you gotta pay for it. Else you can always put it into the computer with some kinda adapter!

And I dunno the whole thing with Ipods, except for the fact that they're damn good "mediaplayers". I mean, there are better stuff, and methinks creative's the best ones, simply because my own has survived five fucking years of clumsy me :D

Unknown said...

*Intro ugly car with the text "The Flame" on the rear-window*
*Remove the F-sticker from "flame", put it on your shirt* and say
"You got an F." xD
Srsly tho, sorry to hear dat dood.

And yes, iPod is just yet another overly hyped portable mediadevice which evul mastermind Steve Jobs have made people think is something better than an mediaplayer. If you remove the (plain boooooooooring) "milk-theme" (oh yeah, with a hint of aqua, wtf..? I'll take cheesy names 100 thank you.) you've got yourself any other mediaplyer. If you think otherwise, read a dictionary. :D
Over unt outz!