Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmahannukwanzaa. And Indians.

Short Christmablog.
We had a nice, traditional Christmas (We actually have nice Christmas-traditions, our Christmases seem to follow the "TV-Christmas" close enough. I like it.)
I got nice presents, a lot of stuff I'll need when I move (Which isn't all that fun, but useful. Besides, it saves me the trouble of having to buy it myself, which would have been less fun) and a movie. That was probably the funniest thing. I downloaded The Last of the Mohicans two days ago, watched it and ordered it yesterday (Together with Dead Poets Society). Today, I got it from my mother. What are the odds? (O_o) Can't cancel the order either, which is annoying since it hasn't been processed. So, if anyone likes The Last of the Mohicans , and doesn't have it already, let me know. (EDIT: Same goes for Hackers , come to think of it.) I also got a perfume from MeiMei, with the most awesomest poem ever attached to it :)

Off-Topic: I just have to say this, Mount&Blade has got one of the most annoying, and yet successful, demos I've ever seen. Seriously. They let you download the entire game. All of it. Then they let you play it. For as long as you like. Or until you reach level 8. Then it saves, and shuts down. Buy a registration-code, or create a new character. HOW ANNOYING IS THAT?! (O_O)

3 comments:

Nightflyer said...

Vi kan byta film då. ^^ Du får crash och jag får mohikanen.

Yeonni said...

Crash for Mohikanen verkar som en fairly profitable affär för nallenon's del.

Mount&Blade är coolt men frustrating. Jag hade hela spelet, non-demo, men buorghyaaa vad svårt det blir efter ett tag. Mest för att jag suger, och för att hästar totalägersönderallt och för att börjar man förlora så fortsätter man förlora som en galning. Men det var kul och tufft så whatevs.

Nallenon said...

I'd say it's a pretty decent trade for both of us, since we both have two copies of them :P

I haven't really gotten to the difficult part yet (partly because the game has fucked up two of my saves so far, and my computer is still too unstable to really play anything), so I don't know. Up to level 15 or so, which is as far as I've gotten, it's still pretty much ride-through-infantry-and-win, the only thing that takes a little while is cavalry, but they can be taken with a bit of thinking.
Basically, Rule #1: Do Not Lose The Horse.