Sunday, July 19, 2009

Marathons and The Force

Me and the Nightflyer have watched all six Star Wars movies during the past week or so, in the chronological order. I won't bore you with analyzes, I am sure you can all guess my feelings about the prequel trilogy. Right around the time we finished with that, I found Star Wars: The Clone Wars really cheap, and we decided that we might as well watch that too, while we were at it. Has anyone else seen this? I think The Editing Room had the right idea. I like how they have decided to show that this movie is CGI by making the CGI worse than in the actual movies, which is mostly CGI anyways.
Also, they really liked making stupid references to shit that made no sense, and turned the whole thing into a farce. Why take the model of a scary bounty hunter droid and turn it into a useless servant? Why are all the battledroids retards on purpose? Why does nothing make sense? Why can something with the 'feet' of an AT-AT climb sheer rock walls? Why does the whole movie feel like a video games, without all the good parts? And why the hell is it uglier than all the video games LucasArts have released for the past 7 years?

Meanwhile, I have also been playing Knights of the Old Republic, the best game ever released with anything related to Star Wars in it. Try it, you know you want to.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I am stunned. A post on your blog.

Nallenon said...

I know, it happens sometimes. Behold the future and check it again in a few minutes, there might be another one.